Some of my more detailed reviews - books, films, theatre trips, software etc. I will also post the text of some of my sermons here.

Monday, December 03, 2007

The Bill Legend Band @ Christ Church

WHO?

Bill Legend

Who is he?

The drummer with T. Rex.

Now I've set some context, but even that may be ever so slightly mis-leading. Bill's band is not by any means 'son of T. Rex', although they do play T. Rex songs. On Saturday evening we arrived at church with high expectations of some sort of 70's Glam Rock revival night. That was not exactly what it turned out to be. Bill you see is a Christian, and was at the time he joined T.Rex. During the evening we would hear a few T. Rex tracks:
which was the last song of the first session - and really got people dancing.

What are these songs about? I have no idea, I enjoyed them in the seventies, I bought the singles, not sure there was a T-shirt. In the seventies I never asked the question. Now? Well probably best not to.

We also heard from Bill, and had a presentation on the other members of T. Rex, and the history of the current band.

The band also played some newer worship songs, some that I knew, and some that I didn't. Of those I didn't know Majesty (Here I Am), by Delirious immediately caught my attention. The second verse in particular seem very relevant:

Majesty, Majesty
Your grace has found me just as I am
Empty handed, but alive in your hands
Majesty, Majesty
Forever I am changed by your love
In the presence of your Majesty

Watch it on YouTube.

What a wonderful evening, nostalgia, and new songs all in the same show - and what a show, the band are skillful in all they do, and their music is brilliant. So that was Saturday evening. Very enjoyable. I was left wanting more - and the band were back on Sunday to lead worship.

No comments: