Some of my more detailed reviews - books, films, theatre trips, software etc. I will also post the text of some of my sermons here.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Wedding of the Year

After an early start, we were ready in plenty of time, the Rolls Royce arrived and took the bridesmaids to church, it came back for us. Liz and I rode in the back, with Jo on a fold down seat in the middle.  It was a lovely car, but a quite uncomfortable ride - give me modern suspension any day.  We arrived to find the church full. As we prepared for the walk down the aisle, the brownies were so excited they could barely stay in their seats.  When the music finally started we walked slowly down the aisle - just as we had practiced.  The wedding went without a hitch - well just one hitch - Ray to Liz.  Gary gave an excellent talk, Tom lead us through communion and then it was all over.  It took a while, but it didn't seem that long. After the service there was a recption in the hall for those who were not invited to the wedding brekfast.  While people enjoyed some refreshment and I tried to catch up with friends and family, the picures were being taken. 
We then travelled to the Freight House, near Rochford station, for the wedding breakfast, and the speaches.  A very nice  meal was served to the 100+ guests and everything was ready for the dancing by a little after 7:30pm.  The evening finished at midnight, but by then most people had already left.

It was a lovely occasion, I would like to thank all those involved for making it an incredibly enjoyable day for Liz and Ray and for all their friends and family.  I received so many positive comments about the church service and the reception that underlined to me just how well everything had gone. 

No comments: