Some of my more detailed reviews - books, films, theatre trips, software etc. I will also post the text of some of my sermons here.

Monday, October 03, 2016

Four days in Suffolk - Day 1

For various reasons our Holiday this autumn was truncated to just 3 days.  We left on Tuesday and headed to Suffolk, to a small village called Yoxford, near Saxmunden.  On the way we stopped in Wickham Market to get some lunch, and found a little tea shop - The Tea Pot Tearoom, where we had a light lunch - a ploughmans followed by a piece of cake, and a pot of tea.  Which while very nice, was a little on the expensive side. After lunch we walked around the town and vistied the church, which is our regular habit.
To our surprise it was open, so we took a look inside. What a lovely updating of an old church, I don't think I've ever seen one this good.

Outside again I was talking about how impressed I was with how they had updated the inside of the building, when I saw the notice board, and realised they had also unlocked the secrets of time travel!
As we arrived at our B&B - Oak Tree Farm, the rain had just started.  The hosts came to rescue us, and we sat in the breakfast room for about 90 minutes before the rain stopped and we could unload the car.  I had been rerading about Labrador Retrievers, and watching the bird feeder out of the corner of my eye.  Plemnty of birds, none of which seemed to mind the weather. 
Once we got into our room we had to find somewhere to eat for the night.  The Griffen didn't look like it was still open so we elected to go back to the A12 and try the Kings Head.  A nice large car park, but quite a small pub, still the importatnt thing is that they served food.  The specials board was amazing, loads to choose from , and the started in particular I struggled to choose.  Rarely do I find so many things I like, and am (just about) allowed to eat.
After a very good meal we drove out to Dunwich to see the dark skys and try out the constallations app on my phone. The app was not great, so maybe I need another, or more practice.  The dark skys are darker than at home, but still the milky way was not as bright as I have seen it (a long time ago), and the clouds soon meant we had to return to the B&B.

No comments: