Some of my more detailed reviews - books, films, theatre trips, software etc. I will also post the text of some of my sermons here.

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Field of Blue 2022

Towards the end of April, it is time to visit the bluebells once again.  Since my last visit in 2019, a lot has happened in the woods.  There has been a lot of thinning out and in some areas it doesn't look much like a wood, more like a wasteland.

I tried to generate a wide picture from three that I'd taken, but the scaling is all wrong, that's what you get for using an automatic camera, I guess. 

However, there are some good bluebells in other parts of the wood.  Here are two patches where the blue field can be easily seen.


This year, the wood anemones are still in bloom, so there are places where the white is more visible than the blue.

It's the first year in quite a while that we haven't had a dog to distract us on our walk, and it's the first year I've come without Jo, who is currently recovering from a calf strain.  That means I can combine the visit with my morning walk.

Unusually, it is morning and the light is different, so the bluebells look paler this year, or perhaps there's another explanation.

I tried a few close-ups, these are the best: 

Forget-me-nots also provide a field of blue, there are small clumps around the building, but none elsewhere.

I zoomed in to this little clump from quite a distance.

These were not drooped over, like most of the clumps, so it's a chance to get a close up and see how 'macro' mode is working.


I've been visiting Norsey Wood at this time of year almost every year since 2008, here's the original post https://3cephas-notes.blogspot.com/2008/05/field-of-blue.html.

No comments: