Some of my more detailed reviews - books, films, theatre trips, software etc. I will also post the text of some of my sermons here.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dell I530S Video Drivers

I have been experiencing problems where the image on my MultiSync LCD 2070WNX would display adjusted off either the left or right of the screen, by about two centimetres. This left the 2cm at the other end invisible. The screen is connected through a Belkin keboard video mouse (KVM) switch. If the adjustment occurred while the screen was switched to the other PC the screen would report 'out of range' - and that was that. The only thing to do is press the power button, wait for the shutdown power off, and power on again, making sure the screen is correctly switched. This only happens through the switched VGA, not through the direct DVI on the other machine, so its either the switch (unlikely) or the video card or drivers (most likely).
When I had the network card problem with SP1 there was nothing worthwhile on the site, now there is lots. Dell have caught up a bit.

Intel G31/G33/Q33/Q35 Graphics Controller
Release Date:10/10/2007
Version:7.14.10.1322, A02
Other Versions
Download Type:Driver
File Format:Hard-Drive
File Size:15 MB

Hopefully this problem, and the associated unnecessary restarts will now be a thing of the past.

No comments: