Wednesday, October 07, 2026

Another but(t)

A few years back a workman damaged the old butt.  Until recently we had made it work, but the butt was now leaking from another, harder to repair, place.  We looked around, but there are few good options for a new butt. 

This butt holds 227 litres, but the old butt was only 200.  But, the new butt will not capture more water because the new butt has a tap mounted further up from its base than the old butt.

This butt also came with adaptors for round downpipe, but we have square pipes to our butt, so I have had to keep the old butt adaptor.  But, the connectors to the butt are different, so I have had to adapt the adaptor, but it isn't perfect. 

Today was the first opportunity to fill the new butt, but, I was not expecting my adaptions to work, but they are (at least partially) so the new butt has useable water in it.

No comments: